Basically it’s getting rid of every last hair down there! yep, everywhere. front to back, every nook and cranny. They laser where ever your hair grows. Make sure to shave 1 or 2 days before your appointment. So depending on how far your hair grows down your inner thigh or towards your butt cheeks. And you can always ask the laser technician anything. And if she’s not nice to you, request another one next time. I did. And my other technician became a very good friend of mine, she’s such a sweetheart. So don’t feel like you have to stay with the first person they give you. It’s a very intimate part of your body they are treating, it’s important to feel comfortable with your technician who’s taking care of you. You can also give them any request if you maybe want to leave a certain part out… So that’s basically it:)
“Best Thing I’ve Spend My Money On”
Read the quote. Book yourself an appointment. Or buy a home laser. Thank you for coming to my website. Au Revoir! haha, Jokes. But in essence not untrue. But I’ll elaborate on it just a tad.
My LHR Journey
I never really care too much about peoples’ story to be totally honest with you.. So if you’re like me and just want to know the facts about LHR in the bikini area, then skip to the titles: The Process & Pro’s & Con’s Of The Brazilian LHR. And If you just want to start with your treatment and pick out yourself an at-home laser Click Here. For the best & fastest results I recommend the Silk’n one.
If you do like to know more about my experience with laser hair removal in the bikini area then keep reading:)
I started my laser hair removal journey about 3 years ago. I could’ve been done a lot sooner, but in-clinic laser hair removal treatments are pretty pricey. So I would schedule a few treatments and then stop again to save up some more money. Which is pretty counterproductive because when you interrupt a LHR treatment, the hair follicles recover again and you’ll need more treatments in the end. But hey, if you don’t have the money, you don’t have it. At that time I didn’t even know about at-home laser hair removal tools. And if you’re completely new to laser hair removal I do recommend having at least one or two in-clinic treatments just so you get an idea of how it works and what to pay attention to. This will definitely help you when you’re going to continue the treatment at home.
Process for in-clinic treatments
If you’re considering to start your laser hair removal journey in a LHR clinic, be prepared to pay at least a few hundred dollars (or euro’s) depending on where you live. When I started my laser hair removal treatments I still lived in Holland. After my 4th treatment I moved away to the US. The main difference is that in Holland I could just pay per visit and it was about 80 euros. In America you can’t do that. You have to pay for the full 6 recommended sessions beforehand. So instead of being able to save up my money and just paying every 6 weeks when my treatment was, I had to pay (at the first clinic I went to) a whopping amount of $24,00 Dollars. I had a nice cup of tea with the lady, we chatted and laughed. And then I left to never return. I am not paying that and nor should you.
Process in steps:
- Shave 1 or 2 days before your appointment
- Day of the appointment, make sure to wear loose fitting clothes and bring a Cool Pack to put on your Vigaygay, afterwards;) Thank me later.
- They don’t use numbing cream and especially if this is your first appointment it can sting a little.
- Some lasers like the CoolGlide, they will use lube to put on the area that wil help cool it down and make the laser glide over the skin.
- Some places have you clean the lube up yourself and other places do it for you.
- They will give you some advice for after but just in case they don’t offer you anything, make sure to buy a cooling gel like this Aloe one to put on when you get home or right after. The heat from the laser will kind of linger around in your skin after your treatment. You’re not supposed to take a hot bath or lay in the sun or anything like that after your treatment. So to get the heat out of your skin faster I recommend to use the instant cooling pak. This is one you don’t have to put in the freezer. You just click a little thingy in the sachet and it will freeze instantly. You can put that on there on your ride home like I always did and it helped so much haha. The cooling gel will help to sooth the top layer of your skin which can appear a little red right after the treatment.
Hunt For A Good Deal
Always try to wait for a good deal or search around on the big web before stepping into any LHR clinic. You will always find a better deal elsewhere than in the clinic itself. Anyway, when you do find a good deal (and soon I’ll be able to provide you with those!!!) they’re normally for 6 treatments. most clinics say you need about 6 to 8 treatments to get to your end result of having NO hear growth. It’ll be more like 10 or more. At least that is the case with me. But that could also be because I interrupted te treatments several times for different unrelated reasons. And depending on what kind of hair you have and how much or how deep the grow etc. So it varies from person to person. But keep in mind it won’t be cheep. If you don’t have the money or don’t want to spend that kind of money on LHR clinics THERE ARE OTHER OPTIONS!:)
I always do my best to find you the best deals and products. When you decide to purchase anything through my website I, as an affiliate of amazon, might get a small commission. This doesn’t change anything on your end, so no extra charges:) To read the full affiliate disclosure Click Here.
Process of At-Home treatments
Ok, so you don’t want to spend a lot of money on laser hair removal treatments, do I have a solution for you!
I also got sick of paying through the nose for in clinic treatments. But the area that I was having treated the ‘Brazilian’ wasn’t done yet. So what I did was buy an at-home laser tools and tried out a few. And found out they give some pretty great results as long as you’re vigilant at using them and have patience. Because when you’re using at-home LHR tools it DOES take a little longer than in clinic treatments to get to the full effect. Unless, again, you throw some money at it and buy the Silk’n. That one is amazing. It gives you in-clinic results in less time than it would take you In Clinics… Yes you read that right! I know that sounds like a sales pitch, and I can only dream about being sponsored by this product… but that’s sadly, for me, not the reality. But luckily, for you, it’s not, so you can trust my judgement 100% haha. (laughs in no money…) ok self-pitty-party’s over. If you want to read my personal review of the Silk’n Click Here. If you want to browse around through some other LHR tools and my reviews of them Click Here.
Pro’s & Con’s Of The Brazilian LHR
- No more shaving
- No more razor rash or irritated skin
- No more ingrown hairs
- Smooth, soft and healthy skin
- Always ready for bikini season or vacation, with no preparation
- Always ready for sexy time;)
- Less chance to fall over in the bath tub or shower when you’re trying to shave hard-to-reach body parts.
- It will lighten up the darker crease where your bikini line starts. And I’m not mad about it:)
- You need a little bit of patience. Even when you have in-clinic treatments, you won’t be done within 2 weeks.
- Can be pricey. You’ll save a lot of money when you buy an at-home laser tool. But even then the best ones that give you the best results in the smallest amount of time will cost you at least $200-$400. In-clinic treatments will cost you at least $600-$1000 for the first 6 treatments and you’ll to come back every so often to keep up with the treated areas.
- Painful. Sometimes it can be a little painful depending on the type of laser you or the clinic is using. Clinic type lasers are super effective but will hurt a little more than at-home tools. It’s worth the results, don’t get me wrong, but I’ve had some times where the laser gets close to the bone or goes over a darker spot and… ouch. But don’t worry, I am the biggest baby and just have sensitive skin. So if I can get through it so can you!
- After care. This one also applies more to in-clinic treatments. Because the lasers are a lot more powerful than your standard IPL home laser. Your skin will absorb some of the heat from the laser and won’t be able to get rid of it right away. So make sure you read my After Laser Must Haves so you can take good care of your skin after your treatment. I also advice you not to go in the sun for at least 24 hours or take a hot bath or anything that will add heat to your skin. Sometimes the clinic will provide you with an icepack but not all of them do, so make sure to bring your own.
Did I help?
I hope this post has helped you get an idea of what laser hair removal is and its process. If you have any questions please feel free to comment down below and I will get back to you ASAP! If you want to be the first to know about good deals regarding ‘laser hair removal’, you might want to consider subscribing in that blue Box! Don’t worry I won’t spam you with daily emails.
Thank you so much for coming to my website and feel free to hang around a bit more and see what else I cooked up for ya!
X- Iris G.